Saturday, November 04, 2006

 

One dusty knee

Today is our 100th blog day. By way of celebration we thought we would give you all a little treat...

We have got engaged!!

It happened whilst we were hiking in a virtually deserted Bryce Canyon National Park. We had just walked down 500 feet to the bottom of the canyon. If it hadn't worked out well we would have had to climb 500 feet back out probably in silence.

But we don't need to worry about that as thankfully Anna said yes and we are both very pleased with ourselves!

Neither of us realised just how great a place this was until we got here and it was the perfect setting for an engagement. I imagine that Rhod couldn't resist me in my 8 month old hiking gear!

Don't worry, this isn't the way we've chosen to break the news to our families. We spent a frantic day yesterday phoning family members with our news. I had to wait until 'Have I Got News For You' had finished before I could speak to my Dad or abuse would have been hurled. I suggested via text that I would phone home at 10pm to be told not to worry as they would be at the theatre. I then had to send another 6000 mile text to find out what might be a good time! Thankfully we spoke to (nearly) everyone. My sister Sarah wins the prize for loudest and highest pitched squealing. At one point in the conversation with her I ceased to hear her but dogs came running at me from all directions! My brother wins the prize for being the hardest to contact and eventually had to find out by text message!

Enjoy the photos. Bryce Canyon is a pretty special place...

At the bottom of Bryce Canyon: (Obviously it is no longer deserted as someone thankfully arrived on the path and took a photo for us.)


Sunrise at Bryce Canyon National Park:





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?