Wednesday, October 18, 2006

 

Does my neck look red in this?

"An RVer is part of a fraternity that bridges cultural and economic boundaries with a common love of adventure and freedom."

Welcome to our new home for the next 4 weeks. Tired of hostels and restaurants we joined the cultural and economic bridging fraternity and got ourselves an RV.

For those not in the know, RV stands for recreational vehicle and is not the name Harvey spoken with an Essex accent.

On a tight budget we were forced to opt for the smallest vehicle. Fortunately USA small is European big so this "compact" motor home is 22 feet long, 12 feet high and 9 feet wide. As an American once told me "there's no replacement for displacement" so this Ford F-350 is powered along by a 5.4 litre V8 engine. I believe most of the area under the motor home is fuel tank as we are predicted to get about 8-10 miles per gallon from it! All a bit of a shock for a man more used to driving a 1.25l Fiesta. I love it! I even bought an RV log book and journal to track all the adventures. It's been a great help as I now know when and when not to dump and the importance of opening and closing the valves. Anna won't let me buy dungarees, a checked shirt and a truckers' cap which I think will help me really fit in. Perhaps that is for the best.

http://www.cruiseamerica.com





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?