Friday, August 18, 2006

 

City Segway Tours

Strap on a sun visor y'all! Pop in to 7-Eleven and get yourself a 64oz big gulp (That's nearly 2 litres if anyone is interested - a frankly obscene size for an individual drink.) Store some junk in your trunk and get yourself a dozen donuts. We are in the US of A.
First stop is Chicago and the first event is Segway riding. It's about halfway between cycling and walking and luckily requires you to expend almost no energy other than that required for standing up.

Rhod had been fortunate enough to have ridden a segway before in Paris last Christmas. I however had no idea whether I would take to it or not. My only hope for the tour was that I did not fall off it or ride it into anything. I achieved my goals! It was fantastic and I did not want to get off. I even managed to balance on just one foot and with no hands. We were fortunate enough to be with some nervous americans to add an element of comedy to the day. One lady would jump off in terror everytime we came to a stop and watch as the segway kept on going and rammed into the person in front. Another man had his shoulders hunched up so high for the entire 3 hours I imagine he headed straight for a massage afterwards.

I can't recommend this event highly enough. It's so much fun that I think everyone should try it. Worry not those who fear long distance travel. You needn't cross thousands of miles of water to take part. You could pop over to Paris and cruise the Louvre and the Champs Elysees. Or you could bomb on down to Budapest and....I've not been to Budapest so I've no idea what you will see but I am pretty sure it will be fun if you see it on a segway. Click on the link below and sign yourselves up.

It's a small segwaying world. When I did my tour in Paris last December we were checked in for our trip by a heavily pregnant American lady named Kelly. She wasn't the tour guide. That would be a ridiculous job for a lady so pregnant. Well 8 months on Kelly, her husband and her now 8 month old son Weston happened to be working in the Chicago office. (The baby wasn't working in case anyone was thinking of reporting them for child labour.) She said she remembered us from the tour in Paris. It was nice of her to say so even if she was making it up.

www.citysegwaytours.com





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?