Tuesday, April 11, 2006

 

Doctors Doolittle


Despite what you might think, 'Dolittle' is not a reference to the fact that we are spending 10 months doing not a lot. It is a description of our ability to bond with the native animals, something we spent most of one particular day doing in Alice Springs.

Our first encounter was at the kangaroo rescue centre which brings up joeys whose mothers have died as a result of roadkill. Note the ease with which Rhod cradles young Frank! Unlike my Uncle Frank though, this kangaroo was not fluent in franglais nor did he ask me to pass on his Chelsea season ticket to his mate in Sydney when I got there.

Our second encounter was at the Reptile Centre. I hadn't even touched a snake before now yet suddenly there I was holding Scarlett, a 10 kilogram Olive Python. My mum will be so proud!





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?