Monday, April 24, 2006

 

Birds Eye View

The sky is grey, it's raining, it's windy and you are on the coast. What is the most sensible thing to do? Go on a scenic helicopter flight!

Neither of us had been in a helicopter before so it was an important box to tick on our round the world adventure. It was also a bargain. A 10 min helicopter flight over the 12 apostles on the Great Ocean Road for cheaper than the scenic helicopter flight over Essex that is offered at the Barleylands country show! I think we chose wisely for our first flight.
In true Anneka Rice style (minus the yellow jumpsuit) we ran from the building out to our helicopter and scrambled unceremoniously into our seats. The guy helping me in muttered something about "in case of an emergency" and showed me a seemingly easy way to unlock my door. However as soon as he closed the door I had forgetten how to open it in all the excitement. I had sudden visions of us all crashing and me being unable to escape due to having not listened.
I never had to live out this moment however as we had an amazing flight despite it seeming like the shortest 10 minutes of my life. I had to resist singing into the headphone/microphone arrangement we were all wearing despite feeling that I bore an uncanny resemblance to Madonna.






<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?